1 cup dried Cannellini Beans (or 1 can Beans)
1/2 pound, about 3 large links, good Italian Chicken or Pork Sausage, hot and/or sweet (suggest Bilinski's brand)
2 Tbsp extra virgin Olive Oil
1 medium-large Onion, chopped small
4-6 cloves Garlic, minced
1 sprig fresh Rosemary, chopped
3-4 springs fresh Thyme, chopped
1/4-1 tsp crushed Red Pepper flakes
1/3 cup dry White Wine
1 large can diced Tomatoes
1 large bunch Kale, any variety, washed, torn into bite size pieces
2 quarts homemade or good Poultry or Vegetable Stock
Fresh grated Parmesan
1. Soak dried beans overnight. Drain and rinse. Bring a large stock pot of water to a boil, add beans, cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes until just tender. Drain in colander, rinse, and set aside.
2. In same pot used to boil beans, cook sausages over medium heat in a bit of water, covered until browned and cooked through. Remove sausages, set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in the stock pot, add onions, garlic, herbs, and red pepper flakes, sauteing until onions are tender.
4. Add white wine to the pot and scrape bits of spices and herbs from the bottom and sides.
5. Add tomatoes, stir, and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
6. Slice sausages into coins and then in 1/2 coins and add to pot along with kale, beans, and chicken stock. Cover and heat through over low-medium heat for about 15 minutes.
Serve and garnish with parmesan.