Ingredients Makes a dozen cookies
1/2 cup Walnuts OR Almond Flour
1/3 cup Whole Barley or Whole Oat Flour (White Whole Wheat Flour is fine too.)
1/4 cup milled or ground Flax
1/4 tsp EACH Baking Soda, fine Sea Salt, Baking Powder
1/3 cup pure Maple Syrup, preferably dark or B-grade
2 Tbsp Tahini
1/2 tsp pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Grease a cookie sheet lightly. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Finely grind walnuts in a food processor, or use already ground Almond flour.
3. In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the walnuts (almond flour), barley (or oat) flour, milled flax, and baking powder and soda, and salt.
4. Using electric beaters, blend in the tahini, vanilla, maple syrup, and vinegar.
5. Use a small 1.5-2T cookie scoop (mini ice cream scoop) to scoop the dough and place on the cookie sheet.
6. Bake about 10 minutes or so. Remove pan from oven and llow to cool for just a couple of minutes before transferring cookies with spatula to counter, plate or onto waxed paper.
These freeze well and are especially good with a cup of tea or coffee the next day :)